First, looks like I was wrong on both counts. Doh! Ah, well…. such are theories.
The show just ended, and here are some random thoughts:
– After all this time of living with it, The Others don’t have a name for that monster. Even more interesting is where it seems to live – inside the basement of the temple. Sure looks like no one has been down there in some time.
– It was interesting to see Ben working Caesar to try and get Locke taken care of. Caesar sure didn’t last long either. That shotgun blast was quite a surprise.
– That warning that Ben gave Danielle – “If you want your child to live, every time you hear whispers, run the other way.” That seems weird. Why should she run, if The Others took Alex?
– I don’t believe for a second Ben’s “reason” for killing Locke – that Locke needed to die to get everyone back to the island.
– I think the name “Jacob” was invoked more times in this episode than in any other episode.
– Did you see Ben’s reaction to Christian being on the island? I think Ben knows Christian. Recall that we weren’t quite sure how Christian died. I think Ben might have killed him.
– The question “What lies in the shadow of the statue?” is going to be the question on everyone’s lips for the next… well, until we see what lies in the shadow of statue.
– Alex, or whatever looks like Alex, sure wanted to make sure that Ben followed Locke. I think we might have just seen the threat of what ends up getting Ben killed at the end of the series. And did you see the look on Ben’s face when she told him that he had to follow Locke? He sure was surprised about that.
I think there are four factions on the island in the present day: 1) The Others, 2) The crash survivors, 3) Locke, Sun and Ben, and 4) The spirits that keep coming around (like Alex).
Remember what Ben said to Sun about Locke? That he’d never seen anyone brought back from the dead by the island? If that’s true, I believe Ben knows those other people really are spirits.
Question is, what’s their agenda? They’re not part of The Others. Do they work for Jacob, as Christian suggested when he first met Locke?
I have a feeling that whatever they’re up to, it’s not good. As in, if they get their way, it’s going to be big trouble for the world.
What did you think of the episode?
2 thoughts on “LOST – Dead is Dead”
I enjoyed that. Still cannot bring myself to believe a single word spoken by Ben, not even “Hello!”
I thought christian had died of a massive heart attack while drunk off his mind in an alley in Sydney.
Right now I wonder how many geeks at have poured over the hieroglyphs and are working on a translation of the tablets Ben was looking at.
I did find it interesting that the “drawing” of the smoke monster showed it over Anubis — an Egyptian god associated with death and embalming and whose prayers generally appeared on tombs (possibly what the hieroglyphs are).
That makes the basement catacombs.
i smack my forehead and realize…i am sure we’ve never been told how Jack’s dad died. I can’t believe I missed this!
I seriously think this was the best episode of the season so far. So many answers.
My wife thinks the Ajira airways passengers were planted by Widmore working with Sun and had the guns planted onboard.
I was JUUUST starting to respect Caeser. I hope the island keeps him alive or something. He was alright, my friend.
Comments are closed.