SPOILERS AHEAD! Don’t read this if you don’t want to know!
Here are a few things that we were told by Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof, the executive producers of LOST:
1) Michael will be back as a regular cast member in Season 4; it had been planned all along, and that “year off” for season 3 was planned. Harold Perrineau, the actor that plays Michael appeared on stage with Cuse and Lindelof.
2) It was strongly hinted (lots of head nodding) that Jack and Claire would find out they were brother and sister.
3) We’ll see more of Libby in a flashback, and a her possible ties to Dharma.
4) We’re going to find out definitively what the smoke monster really is at some point. Maybe not in Season 4, but definitely before the show is over.
5) Rousseau’s story will be told in a flashback in season 4 or 5, but things haven’t synced up correctly for her story yet.
6) Ben was NOT trying to get caught when Rousseau caught him in a trap. He was headed to the other side of the island.
7) The actor who played Tom, (“Mr. Friendly”…you know…the guy with the fake beard) M.C. Gainey, revealed that The Others might have looked bad, but what’s coming will be worse.
8) A movie was played showing Dr. Candle giving an orientation about the Orchid Station. He was holding a rabbit with the number 15 on it. A second rabbit, also with the number 15 got loose. He referred to something about the island’s “Casimir effect”.
9) Webisodes are coming before Season 4 premieres in February.
OK….with that out of the way, here are some of my questions about that:
1) Michael will be back, but what about Walt? In my previous theory about Walt, I said that something was going to have to happen to that actor, simply because a kid his age is going to go through some dramatic changes while he grows up. At that time, I thought that he would be part of the Dharma Initiative’s life expectancy experiments, but I think it’s pretty clear now that this has more to do with time than anything else. I say that based on the “flash forward” episode that ended last season. Are the people on the island stuck in time? Are they dramatically slowed down or sped up? Will we see this in Walt?
2) That Christian (Jack’s father) sure does get around. How are they going to find this out? Claire just mentioning it? Ben dropping the bomb?
3) Libby’s ties to Dharma – Could Charles Widmore have put Libby up to giving Desmond that boat, just to get him away from Penelope?
4) In my original theory, I thought that the smoke monster might be nanotechnology. At this point I’m not sure what it is. It’s probably something The Others let loose by accident.
5) Rousseau is extraordinarily well-armed for someone that was on a boat that got ship-wrecked. Do you remember Naomi, that woman that they found in the jungle last season? The one that had the radio?
I think Rousseau might be part of the same group of people as Naomi is a part of.
6) Where Ben was headed…. no idea.
7) I think that specifically refers to the people on the boat. They’re military, and it will probably force some sort of unsteady alliance between the survivors of the crash and The Others.
8) I have to think about the Casimir effect some more.
9) I’ll post links to any webisodes (and that Candle movie) when they become available.