Some thoughts on tonight’s episode of LOST – “LaFleur” –
- Loved the statue, even if we just saw it from the back. From the arms, it looked like a female. It looked like it had a crown of some kind too. If she were accidently whipped WAY back in time, would they consider her a “god”, and build that statue? Could this be one of the LOST women? Kate, Juliet, Sun? Maybe they’ll build it after that person dies, as a monument.
- New Dharma logos on the clothes – I saw a star, a wrench..
- The guys in the observation station sure are scared of Sawyer – Did you see he was head of security?
- Which version of Ben killed his Father?
- Women on the island can have children. Is this because they conceive off the island, and then come back? Or has the reason they can’t have children in the present day not happened yet? My friend John suggested the reason women can’t have children may be because of the poison gas that was released to kill all of Dharma.
- Why was Paul killed? Just because The Others found them at a picnic, or because they strayed out of the compound when they agreed not to? They’re certainly not primitives – they had walkie talkies.
- Why did Amy insist on bringing Paul back? Just because he was her husband? Because she knew what they would do with his body? Or was it because she didn’t want to leave evidence that they were out of the compound?
- The fence can be bypassed with ear plugs? Really??
- Juliet delivers the baby…. Isn’t that going to be REALLY suspicious, since she apparently never admitted to being an obstetrician?
- Jin can speak fluent English now
- It was cool to see Charlotte as a small child
- Richard Alpert – What does Juliet really know about that guy? Anything? She must not, because she probably would have told Sawyer by now.
- Why is there a truce? Why didn’t The Others get rid of Dharma altogether?
- LOVED how Sawyer talked to Alpert.
- How is giving Paul’s body going to give The Others “justice”?
- That sub going back and forth… If the island is moving all the time, how is the submarine finding them? Do they have to recalculate where the island is all the time, or is there a pattern?
- Why didn’t Juliet leave after the two weeks? Was she really convinced by Sawyer that quickly?
- Is Sawyer REALLY over Kate? I sure don’t think so.
- Interesting that Paul’s necklace is an Egyptian symbol.
- I really like the way they’re thought of letting us know more about The Dharma Initiative.
Really looking forward to the next episode! Looks like lots of action.
7 thoughts on “LOST – “LaFleur” – Thoughts About Tonight’s Show”
Isn’t it a little weird that Juliet delivered Goodwin whom she would later hook up with?
I have to say that Lost is making less and less sense every episode. The writers keep adding these storylines that are backed up by nothing. It seems like none of the characters are really aware or care about how bizarre of a situation they are in. Why does John Locke need to die in order for the Oceanic 6 to come back to the island? Why do they need to come back to the island to save the others? Why do none of the characters ask any questions? I mean, we havn’t even really gotten a clear answer on what The Others were dong on the island, and Juliet is one of them. Why dosn’t she tell them in detail who exactly The Others are, what they were doing on the island, and all the details that she knows about the island. Why don’t the rest of them try to get more answers from her. Who are the Dharma initiative? Its obvious that they are doing research and stuff, but I just find it really strange how Sawyer and people don’t just ask them wtf is going on? It seems like none of the characters care about getting answers anymore. This show is pissing me off. Anyways, if you missed tonights episode, check it out online here…
…and try to see if my rant makes any sense to you.
Cab Driver – you make complete since. How many times has Sawyer slapped someone and told them to talk? A dozen? Yet he wont interrogate Juliet? Of course there is the old saying “You’ll catch more flies with Honey than Vinegar”. Maybe he was able to learn something from her over the past 3 years.
Of course she is not an original other, but a doctor Ben brought to the island that lived with the others so there is no tell what she doesnt know.
That was a very interesting episode that may have benefitted with a two-hour treatment, because I would have loved to see more details… But I suppose the details will trickle later.
There is no way Sawyer is over Kate, but it takes the sting out of it if you pretend that you’ve come to peace with loss.
I also wondered about the importance of the body — I can see wanting to take the body with you (perhaps to bury or pay respects), but why did Richard want it?
I don’t think the island is in constant flux.
The baby was Juliet’s boyfriend? Really???
Richard wanted the body as a way to tell his people “yeah they killed our people but we got one of them” and therefore, justice.
Now I have never been a big fan of Juliet, but I am starting to feel bad for her. First she has been told how many times that she can leave the island? Ben promised it however many times. Then her love life. Goodwin dead, Jack preferred Kate and now it seems the same for “Jim LaFleur”. I really hope this love triangle crap doesn’t start again. We do not have time for it.
On a related note, I have sensed the Sawyer/Juliet hook up coming since earlier in the season. It was the way they looked at each other and interacted as the people inn charge of the group. As odd as it seems, I embrace Sawliet.
I guess Juliet doesn’t know much.
About Paul’s body, they must have told The Others that Paul was the one who killed those guys and not Sawyer. Showing the body must have brought a sense of revenge/justice….
I think Paul might have been an other who somehow had infiltrated Dharma…the others that Sawyer killed might have been threatening Amy, so Paul shot at them – there was a gun near his body when Sawyer came in to get the bag off amy’s head.
Comments are closed.